Three Spring Activities to Entertain Your Kids
Sunshine, glorious sunshine. That’s how most families around the country are feeling after emerging from the depths of winter. The clocks change, the birds chirp and we all get extra hours in the sun.
That means it’s time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. From craft projects to sports, here are a few eco-conscious ways to enjoy being outside with your kids — and a few tips to clean up after any outdoor stains.
Make a Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder
Your kids will love this easy DIY project, especially the end result when birds start to visit and feed from their handmade feeder. Here’s how:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Peanut butter
- Knife or spoon
- Grab a plate (no need to buy disposable, one from the kitchen works fine)
- Pour birdseed onto the plate
- Using a knife or spoon, smear peanut butter around the outside of a toilet paper roll
- Roll the toilet paper roll in the birdseed until covered
- Slide roll onto a branch or twig around the yard to hang for the birds to enjoy
You should have birds coming by in no time to enjoy this easy-to-make feast.
Orange Peel Bird Feeder
After you eat an orange, use the peel for an eco-friendly bird feeder.
- Whole oranges
- Pencil or pen
- Slice the orange in half and use a spoon to scoop out the tasty fruit, leaving only the peel
- Use a pencil to poke three holes, ½ inch below the cut edge of the orange
- Cut three pieces of twine; make at least 8 inches to hang on a tree or hanger
- Put twine into each of the holes, from the inside to the outside
- Tie a knot in the inside of the peel to secure; repeat this step for the other pieces of twine
- Tie the loose ends of the twine together into one big knot
- Fill with birdseed and hang wherever the birds can feast.
- This feeder can be used for other types of bird food such as fruit or jelly; search online for the local birds in your area and what they can eat
Nature's Scavenger Hunt
Spark creativity and have fun with kids in an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Scratch Paper
- Pencil (for mistakes!)
- Grab scratch paper and a pencil to write down as many things that you want to find. You can look for:
• animals (deer, birds, rabbits, worms, ants, and more)
• different colored flowers
• trees taller than you
• rocks bigger than your head
- After making a list, get ready to put on your shoes and head outside to do the Nature’s Scavenger Hunt. No need to collect these items; use your eyes.
- Take your time and have fun!
Pro Tip: Always leave nature how you found it. Pick up litter and leave no trash behind during the excursion. Make sure to use reusable gloves if you go super green and pick up litter along the way.
If your kids are less into crafts and more into soccer, baseball, softball, track, lacrosse, or any other spring sport, you know it can be difficult to keep up with spring laundry. Thankfully, Biokleen Sport is designed to keep clothing at a championship level.
Biokleen Sport uses plant-based cleansing agents to eliminate sweat, dirt, and grass stains to keep all your fabrics and activewear ready for a lengthy playoff run.
Most parents want their children to look like an all-star when they take the field so they can take great photos for lasting memories. With these spring sports, tough stains like grass, mud, dirt, and even blood are inevitable but don’t worry. Here’s how Bac-Out can help with pre-treating clothing to take out those tough stains.
Don’t let stains be a pain
Bac-Out Stain + Odor Remover is made with a bioactive formula that contains a unique blend of live enzyme cultures that continuously break down and absorb organic material. It’s a more natural way to get rid of stains and stinky odors.
Pre-treatment directions for stains on clothes from crafts:
To remove stains and odors, saturate the affected area and let sit for five minutes or more. Wash according to care label instructions. Safe for use on all colorfast washables. Not recommended for use on leather, silk, or wool surfaces.